Cogent is one of the UK's leading suppliers of bovine genetics, employing over 150 employees, we operate the UK's largest bull stud. Our award-winning company brings innovation to breeding and offers a complete range of reproduction improvements on farms. Founded in 1995, the company has since developed a global presence exporting services and products to more than 60 countries.
Your career opportunity:
Do you have a postgraduate qualification in Quantitative Genetics and knowledge of the Beef and Dairy industry?
Are you passionate about being part of the vision to improve Beef and Dairy genetics, to change the future for meat and milk production?
If you think this could be you then read on...
Your role as Technical Development Manager:
You will be responsible for the management of a variety of key existing and new Genetic projects, working with the Genetics team and internal departments and, external sources to deliver statistical analysis using data gathered. You will also lead on the development of internal financial indexes for both Beef and Dairy product lines, as well as working alongside the Genetics team to deliver projects to the Beef and Dairy sectors.
What will I need to be considered for this Technical Development Manager vacancy?
- A post graduate qualification in Quantitative Genetics
- Knowledge of the beef and dairy Industry would be an advantage
- Ability to be creative and take an innovative approach to new projects
- Experienced in using data and statistical analysis software such as R and SQL
- Experienced in using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Driven by organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ambitious with eagerness to develop
- Leads themselves by taking responsibility, being positive and tackling challenges with enthusiasm
- Works well with others by building positive relationships, working with integrity, being direct and straightforward whilst respecting and considering others
- Works well in teams by building team spirit, delivering team goals and being flexible
- Manages Knowledge by researching new idea ideas and capturing new learning
- Shares Knowledge by communicating with focus, simplicity and clarity and is able to differentiate fact from opinion
- Adapts to Change by being able to deal with uncertainty and accepting new ideas
- Plans and Organises well, by prioritising their activities and managing their time
- Applies their Expertise and Skills by keeping up to date with their specialist knowledge and demonstrating business and financial awareness
- Delivers Results to a high standard whilst meeting financial targets and deadlines
Your application: Please send a cover letter and your current CV outlining your qualifications and experience to Jane Foulkes-Davis, HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must reach us by NO LATER than 5pm on Friday 14th December 2018