Main Purpose of Role:
To be responsible for all aspects of bull welfare including feeding, bedding and be experienced in handling and moving bulls as required.
- Handling livestock, Undertake the animal welfare including assisting with the daily care of all livestock i.e. cleaning, feeding, watering and all factors relating to maintenance, breeding and good health to ensure a clean and healthy environment is maintained.
- Must be livestock free and bio-security conscious to ensure the protocols are followed within the stud
- To continuously develop and improve themselves and the way they work
- To comply with Company policy and best practise in security, legal and regulatory compliance
- To ensure that all H&S responsibilities are fulfilled and that the team’s (including the role holder), visitors and contractors’ safety and welfare is maintained
- To complete any other duties as required from time to time
What will I need to be considered for this Livestock Person vacancy?
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- A hardworking team member, committed to achieving shared goals
- Able to take and follow instructions ensuring personal and team safety, being alert to all situations that may occur
- Hold a clean driving licence
- Bobcat/Tractor licences and experience, however training will be provided
- Flexible approach to work taking part in a 7 day Rota to include spring/summer public holidays
What will I receive in return?
- You will be joining a reputable business with a friendly culture where you'll be able to apply your expertise and skills, be encouraged and supported to further develop your career.
- Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days, up to 25 days following 2 years service, plus bank holidays
- Matching Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter for the attention of Jane Davis at email@example.com