Main Purpose of Role:
To be responsible for all aspects of bull welfare, handling and semen collection from our world class genetic merit beef and dairy sires
- Bull handling and assisting with semen collection and the daily care of livestock
- To ensure animal welfare standards / health and safety regulations are adhered to
- All factors relating to maintenance, breeding and welfare to ensure a clean and healthy environment is maintained
- Must be livestock free and bio-security conscious
- To continuously develop and improve themselves and the way they work
- To comply with Company policy and best practise in security, legal and regulatory compliance
- To complete any other duties as required from time to time
What will I need to be considered for this Livestock Person vacancy?
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Prior experience of livestock handling or showing although full training will be given
- Willing to work as part of a team but capable of taking individual responsibility
- A clean driving license
- Bobcat / Tractor license and experience, however training will also be provided
- Flexible approach to work, taking part in a 7 day Rota to include spring/summer public holidays
What will I receive in return?
- You will be joining a reputable business with a friendly culture where you'll be able to apply your expertise and skills, be encouraged and supported to further develop your career.
- Competitive, dependent on experience
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days, up to 25 days following 2 years service, plus bank holidays
- Employee Discounts, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Matching Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter for the attention of Kerry Hogg at firstname.lastname@example.org.