A superb opportunity has arisen for a hardworking and flexible individual to join the quality focused team within the Laboratory at Cogent. If you would thrive working within an employee focused business where your hard work and dedication will be rewarded, then read on to uncover more about this amazing opportunity.
Who will I be working with?
Cogent is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of bovine genetics and operates the UK’s largest bull stud. The award-winning company brings innovation to breeding and offers a complete range of solutions to deliver improvement on farms. Founded in 1995, the company has since developed a global presence exporting products to more than 40 countries, with a workforce in excess of 160 professional team members, and a head office located in Tattenhall, near Chester.
So, what will the role of Laboratory Technician entail?
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, as a Laboratory Technician your duties will include although not be limited to; the preparation, operation and maintenance of production flow cytometry sorters; semen assessment, processing and freezing; and record keeping.
What will I need to be considered for this Laboratory Technician vacancy?
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Methodical approach, with superb organisation skills
- Hard working and flexibility with time
- Understanding of working to standard operating procedures and a high level of attention to detail
- Confidence with IT interfaces and systems
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards approaching and tackling challenges
- A full driving licence and own transport are essential
Experience of using laboratory equipment, knowledge of sperm and AI biology, flow cytometry, and an understanding of key semen sorting factors would be highly advantageous.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Jane Foulkes-Davis at email@example.com by Friday 27th September.