Main Purpose of Role:
A dual livestock and veterinary administration role to provide:
- Health program management and administrative support to the Company Vet.
- All aspects of calf rearing, welfare and biosecurity
- Handling livestock, undertake responsibility for the daily care and animal welfare of all rearing livestock i.e. cleaning, feeding, watering and all factors relating to maintenance, breeding and good health and ensure a clean and healthy environment is maintained
- Must be livestock free and bio-security conscious to ensure the protocols are followed within the stud
- Perform duties with excellent stockmanship and be alert for signals of ill health and monitor feed intakes and DLWG
- Organise the testing and movement of new breeding bulls from Farm to Cogent facility
- To ensure there is an auditable trail of completed health tests, approved by the Company Vet prior to any bull movements either into, within or on exit from the CBL herd
- To ensure compliance with the regulatory and statutory requirements for all Company bulls.
- Responsible for acquiring DNA and parentage results for purchased bulls
- Tracking sample submissions and notifying internal staff in a timely manor of lab results
- Responsible for ensuring the CBL Access and CMS database records are accurately maintained up-to-date. Administer veterinary and livestock paperwork as required
- A hardworking individual committed to achieving shared team goals.
- Organised and meticulous on detail.
- Knowledge of or previous experience of farm/veterinary admin experience.
- Prior experience of rearing young stock and animal husbandry
- Must be livestock clean
- Experience of Microsoft packages
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter for the attention of Jane Davis at email@example.com