The main purpose of the role is to provide weekend support for bull rearing units, maintaining all aspects of bull welfare and biosecurity. The candidate must have high attention to detail, bio-security, disease response and desire to achieve excellence in livestock care.
You will be expected to work approx. 6 – 8 hours over 4 visits, morning & afternoon, with flexibility available on start/finish times.
- Handling livestock, Undertake responsibility for the daily care and animal welfare of all rearing livestock i.e. cleaning, feeding, watering and all factors relating to maintenance, breeding and good health and ensure a clean and healthy environment is maintained.
- Must be livestock free and bio-security conscious to ensure the protocols are followed within the stud.
- Perform duties with excellent stockmanship and be alert for signals of ill health and monitor feed intakes and DLWG.
- To comply with all Company policy and best practise in biosecurity, legal and regulatory compliance.
- To ensure that all H&S responsibilities are fulfilled and that the team’s (including the role holder), visitors and contractors safety and welfare is maintained.
- To complete any other duties as required from time to time.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of, or previous experience of, good livestock hygiene and biosecurity and relevant record-keeping.
- Organised and meticulous on detail, enjoys following standard processes and procedures.
- Prior experience of rearing youngstock 1 – 6 months old.
- Must be livestock clean
- A hardworking individual committed to achieving shared team goals.
- Bobcat/tractor licence and experience advantageous but not essential
Key Performance Indicators:
- Excellent DLWG and health of breeding stock under your care
- Livestock units kept well organised, hygienic and biosecure.
- Excellent working relationships with all internal parties, vet and livestock teams.
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter for the attention of Katie Hunter Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.